Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing. We believe Zoom offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- A microphone and speakers (built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth)
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi or Wired environments.
Recommended bandwidth for Meetings:
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (up/down) for high quality video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video
- For group video calling: 600kbps/1.2Mbps (up/down) for high quality video. For gallery view: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down).
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps
- For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
Participating in a ZOOM Session
You do NOT need an account to participate in a Zoom session. Click on the Zoom link sent to you. You will be prompted to download the Zoom application (only needed once per device). If you are joining Zoom on your mobile device, you may be prompted to download an application.
You need a speaker or headphones to hear the conversation and a microphone if you want to participate in the conversation. You can use a non-toll free Zoom number and meeting ID to hear and talk in the meeting using your cellphone.