Distance/Remote Class Requirements
Distance Education at NCCU School of Law is delivered primarily in a synchronous format, which is real-time interactions with voice and video. As the benefits of distance learning education are boundless with ongoing technological advances, students at NCCU Law continue to reap the benefits with increased course offerings. Students connect to a virtual classroom and interact with both course instructors and classmates.
If you participate in a distance education course, we recommend the following for the best experience:
- Try to connect via a wired Ethernet jack. This prevents WiFi dropouts and speed issues.
- If connecting from a laptop, plug in the laptop wall power. Battery use can adversely affect video quality.
- Test the connection before the call; this is strongly recommended.
- Ensure that you have a working camera, microphone, and headphones or speakers available. Earbuds or headphones are preferable to avoid audio feedback and echo. Most modern laptops and all-in-one desktops have a headphone jack, microphone, and speakers built in.
- Be aware of your surroundings and how you appear visually.
- Call from a quiet location with no background noise.
- Close blinds on windows so that you are easier to see on video.
- Wear neutral, solid-colored clothing. Avoid black, white, or striped clothing.
- Be aware of your behavior. Because you are on a video conference, people can see what you are doing at all times.