Congratulations on your admission to North Carolina Central University (NCCU) School of Law! As you know, preparation is important in the legal field. To prepare you for the demands of law school, we ask that you look over What You Need To Know To Prepare for Law School.
Additionally, please see the important information on plagiarism. As writing is integral to your legal education, engage yourself in the grammar exercises to get the rust off of your grammar skills. Please also digest the summer reading. You will be ready for your first day after completing these tasks.
Recommended Summer Reading
- Plain English for Lawyers by Richard Wydick
- Demystifying the First Year of Law School: A Guide to the 1L Experience by Albert J. Moore and David A. Binder
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr., and E.B. White
- Effective Legal Writing for Law Students and Lawyers by Gertrude Block
- Getting to Maybe: How to Excel on Law School Exams by Richard Fischl and Jeremy Paul