Both Westlaw and Lexis will be available to NCCU School of Law students during the summer; however, summer access to these research platforms has some limitations. It may be necessary to take certain steps to maintain password activity. See below for instructions on how to ensure summer access.
Current students may have access to Westlaw if they meet the following criteria:
- Summer law school classes
- Law review or law journal work
- Project for a professor
- Moot court
- Unpaid, non-profit public interest internship/externship
- Pro bono work required for graduation
Remember that passwords may not be used for law firm, government agencies, corporations, or other purposes unrelated to law school course work. Students graduating this academic year are eligible for limited summer access.
To register your password, click on Westlaw Password Extension.
Graduating students can extend their Westlaw access for bar exam study. See the Westlaw Password Extension webpage
Questions? Contact your Westlaw representative Denise Stewart or your student Westlaw representatives Jaamal Jennings or Kyla Stone. Contact information is available at http:// lawschool.westlaw.com.
Students will have access to LexisNexis Advanced during the summer for educational purposes. If you have already signed up for Lexis Advanced, you need not register your password. If you have not signed up for Lexis Advanced, please contact your Lexis Nexis representative Marva Woods or student representatives Brandon Robinson or Shawndria McCoy. Contact information is available at http://www.lexis.com/lawschool
The following criteria define educational use:
- Summer course preparation and assignments
- Research associated with Moot Court, Law Review, or Law Journal
- Research associated with pursuing a grant or scholarship
- Service as a paid or unpaid research assistant to a professor
- An internship, externship, or clinic position for school credit or graduation requirement
- Study for the bar exam
- Research skill improvement for educational use
Access to Lexis.com will be limited to a limited menu of career resources from June 1, 2012 to August 1, 2012. If you need content specific to Lexis.com. please contact Marva Woods at http://www.lexis.com/lawschool.
Remember if you have any questions on Westlaw or Lexis access, stop by the reference desk or ask one of your reference librarians!