How WE Can Help
The Office for Career Services has many resources to assist you in your job search. These resources include print and online job search guides as well as Career Services staff members who are available to assist and educate you through your job search–whether you’re seeking your first job or you’re seeking to change jobs–please let us know how we can help. The following is a sampling of services we provide to our alumni
- Job Postings (through Symplicity) The job postings in Symplicity are updated regularly and include openings we receive directly from employers and vacancies from selected legal newspapers, periodicals, job newsletters, and other websites. Please contact our office if you need to establish a Symplicity account.
- Individual Consultations Our staff members are available to meet in person, by phone or by email. We are happy to discuss resume and cover letter preparation, interviewing tips, online and print library career resources, job search strategies, networking and informational interviewing, and any other issues of interest to graduates.
- Job Search Links We have an extensive listing of job search links that is available in the Symplicity Document Library or by email. Log in to Symplicity or contact us to obtain your copy.
- Career Services Office Reciprocity at Other Law Schools If you seek to establish yourself outside of North Carolina, we may be able to assist you with access to resources and services at other law schools. Each law school’s has its own policy governing reciprocity and access to their resources may not be available when you seek to gain access. If you would like reciprocity with another school’s Career Services Office, please email a copy of that school’s reciprocity policy and procedures, along with the contact person, to Dean Michelle Cofield at email@example.com.
How YOU Can Help
Our law school prides itself with preparing law students to become practice-ready young lawyers who work in a variety of practice settings–from large to solo law firms, legal aid offices, public defenders’ offices, prosecutors’ offices, judges chambers and in corporations and higher education throughout North Carolina and the United States. The following is a sampling of ways to help our office.
- Participate in one of our many programs throughout the year: Career Education panels, Career Night, Mock Interviews, etc.
- Speak at one of our Pathways to Practice Programs that feature our alumni talking to students about their pathway to practice.
- Hire a Legal Eagle! Post a job, request resumes, participate in a job fair or on campus interviews (OCI). Through a variety of experiential learning opportunities (internships, summer associate positions, externships and clinical programs), our students are practice ready.
To contact a member of our staff click here.