Jade M. Cobb ’08, has joined Littler Employment & Labor Solutions Worldwide. Cobb focuses her practice on employment law and employment discrimination litigation. She represents employers in the litigation of claims arising under federal and state laws including the following:
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
• The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
• The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
• North Carolina and South Carolina employment-related laws
Cobb defends clients in employment-related matters before federal courts, state courts, and administrative agencies. She advises clients in litigation avoidance strategies on a range of human resources issues, including employment policies, handbooks, contracts, and agreements.
Prior to joining Littler, Cobb was an associate at another labor and employment firm. During law school, she completed an externship with the Honorable Judge Richard A. Elmore at the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She also completed a legal internship with a world-wide tire manufacturer.
While attending NCCU School of Law, Cobb served as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Journal of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Law.