|Back to Calendar|
|When:||June 24, 2013 – June 28, 2013 (all-day)||Where:||NCCU School of Law
640 Nelson Street
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Cost:||$100 and is limited to the first thirty-six (36) participants who register|
The Legal Eagle Law Camp will take place June 24 – 28, 2013. The Law Camp is co-sponsored by Durham Public Schools Community Education Department and North Carolina Central University School of Law. It is open to rising 7th – 10th graders. The goal of the camp is to offer participants exposure to the field of law and will include:
- Guest lectures by professors, area attorneys and judges
- Information about legal careers and preparing for law school
- An introduction to legal research using NCCU law library
- A visit to the Durham courthouse
- Small group break-out sessions with law student counselors
- Legal activities and competitions
- Preparation for and participation in a mock trial.
The camp fee is $100 and is limited to the first thirty-six (36) participants who register. Scholarships are available on a limited basis. For those interested in receiving a scholarship, a personal letter of interest is required. Camp participants will meet each day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, call (919) 530-7166. For a copy of the Legal Eagle Law Camp brochure and registration form, please click here to download.